Yoga is not just about being able to perform complicated poses and movements. It is a holistic approach to physical and mental health, as well as a person’s well being and personal growth. Yoga helps a person to become aware of the stress that is in their lives and also gives them the skills in which to manage the stress effectively. In this way, yoga benefits the workplace, allowing employees to be more energetic and also increasing their productivity.
Why Use Yoga in the Workplace?
What Can Yoga be used for?
Corporate yoga is a complete program of mind-body health. It works with issues that are related to:
- physical, mental and emotional health
- stress management
- relaxation skills
- building a clear mind and improving concentration
- perception and decision making
- fitness, health, and well being
Techniques Used in Corporate Yoga
In corporate yoga, the following techniques may be used:
- exercise and stretching (the yoga asanas or postures)
- breathing techniques (Pranayama)
- relaxation (yoga nidra)
- concentration and meditation
- diet and lifestyle
- positive thinking